This page may contains some affiliate links, however I only endorse opportunities that will benefit my readers.
Have you been looking for court transcription jobs?
SpeakWrite is a company that hires experienced transcriptionists who are willing to work from home!
Working for this company, (formerly known as CyberSecretaries), you will be transcribing audio for different clients of the company.
Working as an Independent Contractor, you will be responsible for withholding your own taxes after you have received your paycheck. One suggestion is to set aside an appropriate percentage of your check in a secure savings account in preparation for tax season.
What makes this work at home company so desirable is that you get to choose the hours that you would like to schedule yourself to work!
You can login to their website, schedule the hours that you wish to work and then pick up work from clients of the company!
the court transcription work is complete, you can then upload the
finished transcriptions onto the company's online system via the
To be a legal typist with the company, the requirements are as follows:
1. A minimum of 24 months of legal work in a law firm.
2. Experience in legal work such as deposition summaries and formal correspondence.
3. Knowledge of the correct format of legal citations.
The company also hires General Typists and the requirements are as follows:
1. At least 2 years of general transcription experience.
2. Experience in the set up of formal correspondence and reports.
Background checks are required, although the good news is that the company itself will pay for this expense.
All you must do is sign a waiver allowing the company to run the background check. They do not run a credit check or check your driving history.
Also important to note is that background checks are conducted only after you are hired on as an Independent Contractor with the company.
2. A sound card and earphones or headset in order to be able to hear the transcription as clearly as possible
4. A footpedal, to able to stop or playback the audio.
3. An inkjet or laser printer, hooked up to your computer.
5. Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows Vista Operating System.
6. Word processing sofware -2003 or newer
7. Internet Browser- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or above
8. Adobe Acrobat reader-Version 8.0 for viewing and printing fax documents submitted for typing.
9. Windows Media Player- Version 10,11 or 12
SpeakWrite pays their transcriptionists 1/2 cent per word.
If you are a serious and skilled typist in the field of court transcription, the company estimates that this will get you approximately between $10-$12 an hour after a short time of working within the company.
If you are especially efficient and your turn around times for court transcription jobs are quick, you can even expect to earn more than $15.00 an hour!
Payment for work is made twice a month via check or direct deposit.
For more information or to apply, please click here to visit the company website
HOME < ONLINE TRANSCRIPTION JOBS < SPEAKWRITE
If you liked this page, please click the like button below and post a comment! We'd love to hear from you!
Search this site:
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get access to my
With Printables to Help Organize Your Job Search, Your Budget, Meal Planning, Your Schedule & More
Plus Resume and Cover Letter Templates and a FREE ebook on 148 work at home companies hiring now.
Don't worry, your email address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send you my newsletter.
Get 2 chapters free here:
The all time best selling ebook about success in Internet Business