This page contains some affiliate links, regardless of only endorse opportunities that will benefit my readers.
Home Based chat jobs are becoming more and more popular these days, for both employees and companies.
For many companies, chat is becoming more of an attractive option as well because it is helping to drive sales up while customer satisfaction increases , which a win-win for both employer and employee.
There are many people I know who would like to work from home but not necessarily as a call center agent, home-based or not!
Unfortunately for those of you who do not like being on the phones, entry level jobs in the work at home world are usually in the area of call center work.
However, for some, call center work is not an option. Sometimes it is a matter of preference and other times, it is just simply impossible because of the strict requirements that some home based call center companies have such as the "no background noise" rule.
That's why the option of doing home based work as a chat or e-mail customer service representative can be so appealing.
Working as a chat or e-mail customer service representative can be ideal for those of you who have babies or toddlers at home, barking dogs or generally lively noises in the background!
And on a personal note, having worked as a home-based call center agent for years, I recently switched over to working in chat (still for the same company and product) and I thoroughly enjoy it.
It's possible to have music playing in the background, or have the kids be as loud as they want in the house or near your office, etc .
I'm still kept pretty busy but the job is pleasant and I find that customers are very pleasant.
Thinking about how much I enjoy working in the area of chat, I thought I would post some of the most popular home based companies that hire virtual agents.
So below, you will find a list of these companies, for your information!
1. Working Solutions- Select Projects offer chat opportunities
2. Needle- Chat Agents make either $10 per hour or $1.00 per chat depending on the company you work for.
3. LiveSales Staff- Keep checking the site for available chat jobs
4. Talk2Rep- Commission based pay only
5. Apple at home chat advisor
6. SiteStaff- Pay is approximately $10 per hour
7. Weebly.com- Work is not always available but keep checking back, it might be worth it at $17.00 per hour for the job!
8. Zapier.com- This is a new start-up so jobs may not always be available but as of right now (Fall 2014) they are offering home-based jobs worldwide in the areas of e-mail support and chat. They are open to hiring those with little to no experience.
If you liked this page, please click the like button below and post a comment! We'd love to hear from you!
Search this site:
Sign up for my weekly newsletter and get access to my
With Printables to Help Organize Your Job Search, Your Budget, Meal Planning, Your Schedule & More
Plus Resume and Cover Letter Templates and a FREE ebook on 148 work at home companies hiring now.
Don't worry, your email address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send you my newsletter.
Get 2 chapters free here:
The all time best selling ebook about success in Internet Business